nanog mailing list archives

Re: Rogers Canada using 7.0.0.0/8 for internal address space

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 22:27:10 -0700

On May 25, 2011, at 11:43 AM, Christopher Pilkington wrote:

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 1:25 AM, Michael Dillon
<wavetossed () googlemail com> wrote:
So we should CONDONE such borrowing and recommend a couple of /8s to
use in North America. Perhaps one could be DOD for those operators
that do not carry any DOD traffic and one could be that /8 from
Softbank Japan, 126/8 if I recall it correctly. People who carry DOD
traffic could borrow the APNIC block.

I recommend 44/8.  Does it make sense that ham radio operators have
routable IP address space any longer?  (Seems to be still advertised,
though.)

-cjp (n2mcs)

Why shouldn't they?

Owen DeLong