nanog mailing list archives

Re: Rogers Canada using 7.0.0.0/8 for internal address space

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 22:35:58 -0700

On May 25, 2011, at 2:23 PM, Christopher Pilkington wrote:

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 4:24 PM,  <bmanning () vacation karoshi com> wrote:
       NOTE WELL - Just because -you- (for values of you) see no value in
       space assigned, does NOT give you the right to hijack said space
       for your own purposes.   Nor does it look well  for you to advocate
       hijacking someone elses space....

Indeed, arbitrary is arbitrary, be it ham radio operators or the DoD.
I was trolling hams on the list there, my apologies. FWIW, my box
44.68.16.20 hasn't been up in well over a decade.  Would have been
nice if that packet radio masses kept up with (or ahead of) the
technology of the times.  Our network went to 9600 baud user ports,
then vanished.

-cjp (n2mcs)

Unfortunately, the FCC hasn't really allowed us to since it would be very
hard to produce useful bandwidth by today's standards within the bounds
of the spectrum we are allowed to use and the channel separations we
are allowed to use.

Owen