nanog mailing list archives

Re: Regional AS model

From: David Freedman <david.freedman () uk clara net>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 13:49:32 +0000

Single AS worldwide is fine with or without a backbone.

Which is "preferable" is up to you, your situation, and your personal
tastes.  (I guess one could argue that wasting AS numbers, or
polluting the table with lots of AS numbers is bad or un-ashetically
pleasing, but I think you should do whatever fits your situation
anyway.)

Depends on your routing requirements, for example, you need to rely on a
default or disable as_path checks (or re-write the path) to be able to
see your other clusters (if they do need to communicate)...

--

David Freedman
Group Network Engineering