nanog mailing list archives

Re: Did Internet Founders Actually Anticipate Paid, Prioritized Traffic?

From: Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick () zill net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 10:05:49 -0400

On 9/13/2010 9:28 AM, Rodrick Brown wrote:
Its unrealistic to believe payment for priority access isn't going to
happen this model is used for many other outlets today I'm not sure
why so many are against it when it comes to net access.

Who is paying for access to the Internet?

I thought it was the end-user / customer who was paying, that with their
payment is paying for the ISP to gain access to the rest of the net.

I would hope that my monthly internet charges would keep me from being a
set of "eyeballs" that are to be "monetized" by my ISP.

Otherwise give me the service for free...

--Patrick