nanog mailing list archives

Re: Introducing draft-denog-v6ops-addresspartnaming

From: Daniel Holme <dan.holme () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 14:15:48 +0000

On 20 Nov 2010, at 13:42, Daniel Holme <dan.holme () gmail com> wrote:

On 19 November 2010 13:14, Scott Morris <swm () emanon com> wrote:
If 8 bits is a byte, then 16 bits should be a mouthful.

I like that, but maybe a chomp (although that might annoy some perl &
ruby people)... then maybe when all 2bytes are zeros and we expel them
from the address with a double colon, we should call that a fart.

On a more serious note, apologies for throwing in more suggestions this late in the game. Especially now some
documentation has been drafted, but has anybody thought of using 'munch' for 2bytes. It just seems to ring right for me.

--
Daniel Holme