nanog mailing list archives

Re: Introducing draft-denog-v6ops-addresspartnaming

Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:04:55 +0100

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 08:42, Owen DeLong <owen () delong com> wrote:

Since the poll is a straight yes/no option with no preference, I will
express my preference here.

I considered using the Condorcet method [1] (modified for NotA), but
as past experience has shown that people get easily confused by it, I
decided to create a "plain" poll, instead.

While I find the term quibble fun and
amusing, I think hextet is a far more useful term because it does not
have the overloaded human semantics that come with quibble.

To be completely honest, while I did know the term, I had forgotten
about it. This is part of the reason why I am seeking a wider
audience. I'll add this consideration to the draft. I agree that this
might be (not has to be) a deal breaker.

I'm sorry to quibble with the majority here, but, in this case, I think
we have enough problems with ambiguous terminology in
networking and this opportunity to avoid creating one more should
not be missed.

Agreed. OTOH, Hextet is not technically correct while appearing to be so.

Thanks a lot,
Richard

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condorcet_method