nanog mailing list archives

Re: Spamhaus...

From: Larry Sheldon <LarrySheldon () cox net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:49:09 -0600

On 2/18/2010 2:36 PM, Crist Clark wrote:

*Definition: "non-commercial use" is use for any purpose other than as
part or all of a product or service that is resold, or for use of which
a fee is charged. For example, using our DNSBLs in a commercial spam
filtering appliance that is then sold to others requires a data feed,
regardless of use volume. The same is true of commercial spam filtering
software and commercial spam filtering services.

We do not fit into that. We are not selling an appliance or service
to others (the 'Cuda is for our internal corporate email only, not
customers).

Would appear to this uninformed ignoramus that Barracuda is using the
data for a commercial purpose and should be buying the feed.

It appears, therefore, that you have a beef with Barracuda.

Do they monitor this list, or is there a better way of contacting them?
--
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to
take everything you have."

Remember:  The Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca

ICBM Targeting Information:  http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs