nanog mailing list archives

Re: Rate of growth on IPv6 not fast enough?

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 13:05:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010, joel jaeggli wrote:

Just because the curve doesn't look steep enough now doesn't mean it won't in two years. Human behavior is hard to model and panic hasn't set in yet.

It's just that I'm in Thailand right now and I am bitter about how lousy the Internet works here, and I have a hard time seeing any development of high quality end user IPv6 connectivity here anytime soon. That's why my "halfway there" is coming from. I hope I'm wrong, and it might help if residential equipment gets IPv6 capability because a lot of the Internet equipment here seems to be of that calibre (probably because of price point).

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se