nanog mailing list archives

Re: AT&T. Layer 6-8 needed.

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () lewis org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 09:24:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009, jamie wrote:

If any ISP of mine filtered my (where my = brick-and-mortar-corp) access to
any destination because of another customer (there are *always* technical
solutions to problems you describe, the one you implemented wouldn't even
make my list), you'd have one less customer and quite likely a Tortious
Interference claim..

I don't know if they still do it, or if their old "Abuse/Security guy, Travis Haymore" is still around, but above.net had a history of null routing "destinations they didn't like", which meant if you were a customer (even a multihomed one) and sent them traffic for those destinations, you wouldn't get there. Getting the list of null routed space from above.net was not trivial.

 Jon Lewis                   |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |