nanog mailing list archives

Re: AT&T. Layer 6-8 needed.

From: William Pitcock <nenolod () systeminplace net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 00:38:20 -0500

On Sun, 2009-07-26 at 20:05 -0700, Shon Elliott wrote:
There has been alot of customers on our network who were complaining about ACK
scan reports coming from 207.126.64.181. We had no choice but to block that
single IP until the attacks let up. It was a decision I made with the gentleman
that owns the colo facility currently hosts 4chan. There was no other way around
it. I'm sure AT&T is probably blocking it for the same reason. 4chan has been
under attack for over 3 weeks, the attacks filling up an entire GigE. If you
want to blame anyone, blame the script kiddies who pull this kind of stunt.

...have you ever heard of forged packet headers?  Just saying.

William
--
William Pitcock
SystemInPlace - Simple Hosting Solutions