nanog mailing list archives

Re: AT&T. Layer 6-8 needed.

From: Shon Elliott <shon () unwiredbb com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 23:37:33 -0700

Chris,

Have you even read any of the other posts on here. I have been talking about
spoofed packets in this thread multiple times. I do know what it is. I would
appreciate you not making stupid comments like that.

chris rollin wrote:
Apparently not

Back to the kids' table !

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 12:38 AM, William Pitcock
<nenolod () systeminplace net <mailto:nenolod () systeminplace net>> wrote:

    On Sun, 2009-07-26 at 20:05 -0700, Shon Elliott wrote:
    > There has been alot of customers on our network who were
    complaining about ACK
    > scan reports coming from 207.126.64.181. We had no choice but to
    block that
    > single IP until the attacks let up.

    ...have you ever heard of forged packet headers?  Just saying.

    William
    --
    William Pitcock
    SystemInPlace - Simple Hosting Solutions