nanog mailing list archives

Re: so, how would you justify giving users security?

From: Niels Bakker <niels=nanog () bakker net>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 15:08:08 +0200

* fw () deneb enyo de (Florian Weimer) [Mon 04 Apr 2005, 22:25 CEST]:
* Gadi Evron:
Lastly, I suppose that as a geek ISP, one might want to sell more
bandwidth. After all, the more sh*t that goes through the tubes the
bigger tubes people buy.

Only if the end user market is ready for volume pricing. 8-)  In
Germany, we aren't quite there yet.  And it would neatly solve
the P2P problem.

What is this "P2P problem" you speak of?  Does it perhaps consist of the
fact that your marketing department advertised with unlimited pipes,
which some customers then started using, because they're more creative
in thinking up new uses than your marketing department, and suffer less
from wishful thinking about oversubscription rates than your technical
staff did?

        -- Niels.

--
                              The idle mind is the devil's playground