nanog mailing list archives

Re: so, how would you justify giving users security? [was: Re: botted hosts]

From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () baylink com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 14:25:12 -0400

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 08:46:42PM +0200, Gadi Evron wrote:
As a geek, do you not want the Internet to still be here *completely*
OPEN and FREE in the future?

And this is the point question.

Much innovation is due to the open end-to-end characteristic of the
current network.

By all means, let's trap port 25 where possible, for those who don't
care (or ask), but let's not go all baby-and-bathwater by filtering
*everything* either...

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra () baylink com

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me