nanog mailing list archives

Re: so, how would you justify giving users security?

From: Florian Weimer <fw () deneb enyo de>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 22:21:49 +0200

* Gadi Evron:

As a geek, do you not want the Internet to still be here *completely*
OPEN and FREE in the future?

And this is not related to blocking.  Universal liability for content,
be it your own or from third parties, is far more threatening.  At
least in a country which can offer a widely deployed B-ISDN lookalike
(Germany does, don't know about the US or IL), you can always connect
to a business-type ISPs to get past simple port filters.

Lastly, I suppose that as a geek ISP, one might want to sell more
bandwidth. After all, the more sh*t that goes through the tubes the
bigger tubes people buy.

Only if the end user market is ready for volume pricing. 8-)  In
Germany, we aren't quite there yet.  And it would neatly solve
the P2P problem.