nanog mailing list archives

RE: IETF SMTP Working Group Proposal at smtpng.org

From: "Gary E. Miller" <gem () rellim com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:22:53 -0700 (PDT)

Yo Robert!

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Robert Blayzor wrote:

Uh, no.  I have seen spammers use dynamic DNS to use throw
away dial-ups accounts for incoming main service.

Right, but to run a "real mail server" you need a static address.  Which
can be registered as a valid mail server.  Dynamic IP's cannot.

Read what I wrote again.  Do not say it is not possible, I see it
every day.

These people, and others will be happy to help you set it up:
        http://www.no-ip.com

" Do you own a domain name? Run your own web, mail, ftp, or any server
connected your cable, dsl, or dialup connection using your personal
domain name."

Do some googling before posting nonsense...

Doesn't mention anything about "Nanog is for moving packets".  An
anti-spam/security discussion seems perfectly acceptable to me.