nanog mailing list archives

Re: LoadBalancing products: Foundry ServerIron

From: Scott Solmonson <scosol () speedera com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 10:05:02 -0700

tony bourke wrote:

True, thats why I don't particularly like LocalDirectors.  Most of the
other load balancing solutions do offer GigE, however.  I prefer LB over
clustering as it gives you more flexibility in what you use as far as your
platform.  Microsoft's clustering software limits you to microsoft, while
I'm not sure if resonate will let you do both UNIX and Windows.

Thought I'd chime in-

(Used to be head of Tech Support at Resonate)

Yes, Central Dispatch works on Windows, Solaris, and Linux (maybe
others)-
And they can all co-exist within the same cluster.

--
Scott Solmonson
Speedera Networks Inc.