nanog mailing list archives

RE: LoadBalancing products: Foundry ServerIron

From: Karyn Ulriksen <kulriksen () publichost com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 09:20:52 -0700

Oh... well,  uh,... 3DNS.

I didn't get very deep into 3DNS, but it sounds like you have.  Question.

It seems from what I have read that 3DNS wants to do all DNS for the domain
zone including MX, CNAMEs, etc.   Do you know if it supports SRV records
(Windows 2000 machines managed by ADS are happier when they can manage these
records), ACLs for the zone record IXFRs from the 2000 machines, etc?  Are
the running some modified version of BIND to accomodate this?

-Karyn