nanog mailing list archives

Re: Black Hole Vixie/RBL

From: Karl Denninger <karl () Denninger Net>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 17:07:23 -0600

On Thu, Nov 19, 1998 at 02:10:45PM -0800, Dalvenjah FoxFire wrote:
On Thu, Nov 19, 1998 at 09:09:45AM -0800, Paul Vixie put this into my mailbox:

I will at some point today drink enough coffee to gain the self control it
would take to not answer crazies.  Because that time has not yet come, I can
only hope that you, the reader, will delete this message without reading any
further.

There are two entries in my .procmailrc that help prevent me from replying
to the nutbags. Here they are, for anyone else's use:

:0
* ^From:.*fleming@unety\.net
/dev/null

:0
* ^From:.*bob@fcn\.net
/dev/null

I find reading mail much more worthwhile after these filters are applied.
Not only do I have to wade through less crap, but the content seems more
intelligent, as well.

You know, I have Bob black-holed here as well.

However, the dirtbag had to post to NANOG, which I have white-listed in my
personal "bite me" list.

So guess what - I got a bunch of his shit anyway.

Sigh.... sometmies you can't win for losing.

--
--
Karl Denninger (karl () denninger net) http://www.mcs.net/~karl