nanog mailing list archives

Re: RBL Update (Re: Lets go vixie!! rbl)

From: "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk () cp net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 12:58:19 -0700

On 06/16/98, Derek Balling <dredd () megacity org> wrote:

I would have to agree with this, but I would say that the caveat is that
the ISP should notify the customer (somewhere, anywhere) that they use the
RBL (or at least that the ISP reserves the right to block domains and/or
hosts from connecting/sending to the mail server). It can be in the fine
print of the multi-page AUP that the customer gets shoved under their nose,
but it should be in there.

        So far, the consensus seems to be that an ISP should notify
        their customers of any filtering policies.  In fact, I have
        yet to see anybody disagree.

        So why are we continuing this argument?

--
J.D. Falk <jdfalk () cp net>