nanog mailing list archives

Re: RBL Update (Re: Lets go vixie!! rbl)

From: Bill Becker <bbecker () iconn net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 10:03:39 -0400 (EDT)

[you pretty much can't be more wrong on 2511: the amendment and its
hearings completely resolves our debate.]

This isn't about logic-chopping -- It's about whether it is feasable to stop
people from crapping all over your network.

I guess its an emotional topic for many, but this is the current law.
Maybe you can still get the law changed regarding spam.

If 2511 were relevant to spam, then Wallace Stanford would be a
millionaire today instead of having his ass in a sling.

MSN just has to change from "You have to take it up with the company you
want to
send mail to", to "you have to take it up with the company you want to send
mail, and if they didn't block it, you should contact the FBI"

If any network wants to connect to our network, then it should be done
according to our acceptable-use policy.  If MSN or their accounts don't
like our policies, they can go piss up a rope.

Bill