nanog mailing list archives

RE: Smurf Amp Nets

From: Morgan Sarges <blip () morgan iw net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 13:51:32 -0500 (CDT)

On 17-Jun-98 Andrew Herdman wrote:
Sorry to pollute the list with yet another e-mail about Smurf
Amp's, but at this very second, an IRC server that I run is being
hammered from these networks.  I tried registering them in SAR, got
some of them in, but some wouldn't take, and entering all 132 nets
manually is kind of cumbersome. *hint hint*  I've also assumed they
are all /24's (which the 141.161.x.x's are for sure). Anyway here they are.

The entries for 208.128.161.0 and 208.128.185.0 have been fixed.

Those are 2 of our dialup class -Cs that were being used as amplifiers.

We have implemented no-directed broadcast on our router equipment at this time.

Please let me know if you continue to see activity from those blocks.

Morgan

 Andrew

0.0.0.0
10.0.4.0
127.0.0.0
129.71.1.0
134.24.34.0
141.161.11.0
141.161.12.0
141.161.180.0
141.161.19.0
141.161.196.0
141.161.2.0
141.161.20.0
141.161.21.0
141.161.54.0
141.161.97.0
141.164.236.0
141.164.240.0
141.164.241.0
141.164.242.0
141.164.243.0
141.198.64.0
142.154.4.0
142.165.3.0
146.188.232.0
161.27.9.0
168.198.52.0
168.216.11.0
168.216.12.0
168.216.13.0
168.216.14.0
168.216.15.0
168.216.9.0
169.130.14.0
172.20.1.0
172.20.2.0
172.20.4.0
172.20.5.0
172.20.50.0
172.31.0.0
192.102.232.0
192.106.1.0
192.168.102.0
192.168.104.0
192.168.250.0
192.206.159.0
192.231.112.0
192.234.72.0
192.40.28.0
192.89.254.0
193.190.196.0
193.76.0.0
193.76.109.0
193.76.81.0
194.211.170.0
194.215.130.0
194.215.133.0
194.244.59.0
198.163.232.0
198.26.182.0
198.3.200.0
198.53.245.0
198.60.120.0
198.68.156.0
199.104.254.0
200.135.13.0
200.23.51.0
200.230.140.0
200.230.142.0
200.230.143.0
200.38.168.0
200.5.128.0
200.5.129.0
202.184.18.0
202.184.25.0
203.150.240.0
204.115.171.0
204.17.178.0
204.208.152.0
204.208.153.0
204.228.161.0
204.229.43.0
204.229.45.0
204.233.137.0
204.242.172.0
204.244.32.0
204.249.16.0
204.26.101.0
204.26.102.0
204.26.103.0
204.26.104.0
204.26.109.0
204.31.135.0
204.64.22.0
204.64.23.0
204.65.223.0
204.70.146.0
204.70.164.0
204.71.242.0
204.96.225.0
205.150.226.0
205.163.217.0
205.172.3.0
205.184.109.0
205.211.168.0
205.218.18.0
205.232.11.0
205.232.119.0
205.232.8.0
206.110.105.0
206.110.253.0
206.110.98.0
206.204.42.0
206.251.0.0
206.251.5.0
206.251.7.0
206.29.111.0
206.34.91.0
207.112.247.0
207.124.139.0
207.34.202.0
207.65.122.0
207.68.0.0
207.99.6.0
208.128.161.0
208.128.185.0
208.133.118.0
208.145.80.0
208.149.198.0
208.192.84.0
209.125.164.0
209.2.160.0
209.22.240.0
209.48.31.0
209.49.144.0
209.49.157.0
209.84.61.0
24.129.20.0
255.255.255.0

Morgan Sarges                   Voice Phone:  605-338-8334
blip () morgan iw net              Fax:          605-335-3942

System Administrator
Dakota Telecommunications Group
Network Operations Center

LSD melts in your mind, not in your hand.

PGP Public Key block available upon request.