nanog mailing list archives

Re: MAE-Central

From: Ryan Brooks <ryan () inc net>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 23:41:40 -0600

Kent W. England wrote:

At 09:28 AM 2/2/98 , Phil Howard wrote:

http://www.nwfusion.com/news/0128mae.html

How about your password to access this?  Or were you quoting the entire
article?  Where will this MAE-Central be located?

Sorry, but I can't find a Worldcom press release anywhere. I don't feel
right cutting and pasting the entire article, but the location is slated to
be Dallas.

(BTW, isn't it scandalous that MFS would copy the PacBell NAP and build a
MAE using S'com BPX switches? I went back and checked the nanog archives
and compiled a list of all the ISPs that swore they would never connect to
an ATM NAP. How many are planning to disconnect from the MAEs when the ATM
switches come up?)

--Kent

And my question is:  How many ISPs are currently getting crappy service from
LAN media based MAEs?

Ryan Brooks
ryan () inc net