nanog mailing list archives

Re: MAE-Central

From: Phil Howard <phil () charon milepost com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 11:28:33 -0600 (CST)

Kent W. England writes...

Folks;

An official news item of interest;

Network World
WorldCom reveals upgrade plans for MAEs
By Denise Pappalardo
Network World Fusion
1/28/98

WorldCom, Inc. officially revealed its plans to build its first
Metropolitan Area Exchange (MAE) based solely on ATM at ComNet '98.
MAE-Central, WorldComÂ’s new Tier 1 MAE, today is under construction in
Dallas. MAE-Central will be equipped with three Cisco Systems, Inc.
StrataCom BPX ATM switches by the end of February with services expected to
be available by the end of the quarter, said Dan Lasater, vice president of
broadband applications at WorldCom.

http://www.nwfusion.com/news/0128mae.html

How about your password to access this?  Or were you quoting the entire
article?  Where will this MAE-Central be located?

--
Phil Howard | end1it05 () anywhere net eat47me6 () spam5mer net stop1it2 () no1place org
  phil      | suck8it1 () dumb0ads com w8x4y4z8 () no75ads6 com blow8me0 () no52ads2 net