Metasploit mailing list archives

meterpreter: incognito: add_group_user --> invalid UTF-8 character

From: Joerg Trommer <joerg.trommer () freenet de>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 22:15:36 +0100

Hello,

I have a problem using the incognito add_group_user command.
I habe a meterpreter session on a windows system, successfully run impersonate_token XXX\\Administrator, I also successfully added the user "hacker" on the DC. As next step I wanted to add this to the Domain Admins group on the DC. Since the DC is a German windows system the Domain Admin group is called "Domänen-Admins".

When I try to execute add_group_user "Domänen-Admins" hacker -h xx.xx.xx.xx I get an error message (malformed UTF-8 character) when entering the "ä" character.

Can anyone help on this issue ?

Thank you.

--
Joerg Trommer