Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Password Audit

From: Chao Mu <chao.mu () minorcrash com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 17:01:45 -0500

I'd like to see if there is a quicker way to do this. Currently I login to
the DC's, run pwdump6, pull the output to one of my servers, and then run it
through ophcrack.....and then manually make a report for the client.
--Chris

fgdump (http://www.foofus.net/~fizzgig/fgdump/fgdump-usage.htm) will
allow you to conduct the process remotely. What you're trying to do is
documented here:
http://packratstudios.com/index.php/2008/02/27/how-to-recover-a-windows-domain-account-password/