Metasploit mailing list archives

New Javascript Packer: JSidle

From: Sven Taute <sven.taute () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 00:34:49 +0200

Hi all,

I developed a new javascript packer that should solve the current
problems with AV detection and perform better than the existing
obfuscators.
It uses some new concepts explained in a blog post and in more detail
in the latest Issue of the HITB magazine:
http://relentless-coding.blogspot.com/2010/07/new-javascript-packer-jsidle.html
http://magazine.hitb.org

The code is available here: http://github.com/svent/jsidle
Patches for Metasploit: http://github.com/svent/jsidle/tree/master/metasploit/

I patched two existing exploit modules to show the usage, the aurora
exploit for web-based ones and the adobe_geticon exploit to show the
usage for PDF files.
The javascript part of web-based exploits should not be detected by AV
(using static analysis). Virustotal detection for the PDF dropped from
17/41 to 9/41 - as obfuscation is not that common in PDF files, some
scanners still flag the file as suspicious using a generic detection.

- Sven