Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: New Javascript Packer: JSidle

From: John Strand <strandjs () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 18:39:35 -0600

Very true.

Still we all need to keep in mind that just because some antivirus engines
mark a piece of malware as "suspicions" for sites like VirusTotal does not
mean flag or even stop it on a "real" system. I have run across a couple of
examples with Symantec's Suspicious.Insight category.

If a company is paying you $20,000+ for a pen test you can afford to
purchase the same AV they are running and test your payloads on a "real"
system.

I know that Jonathan did not mention VirusTotal, I just wanted to add this
bit of information to the discussion.

-strandjs