Metasploit mailing list archives

Doing a thesis regarding security

From: tim-pentest at sentinelchicken.org (Tim)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:37:26 -0800

Excuse me the way I wrote the email, If I wrote something wrong is not what
I wanted that is for sure. I just wanted to know a good topic for my thesis,
the issue is that I know that an attack can be done using some tools which
are already inside the net. If I present that info in my summary, the
professor would tell me that "you haven't done that, that attacks were made
by something else". That is my point.

If you want ideas for good topics, first let us know what degree you're
going for.  For instance a Master's thesis would tend to have a much
lower bar on the originality and quality of the topic when compared to a
PhD dissertation.

tim