Metasploit mailing list archives

usefulness of this tool

From: neil-on-metasploit at restricted.dyndns.org (Neil)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 01:30:06 -0500

Hi guys,

I'm new in this mailing list. I heard metasploit on another forum,
(insecure.org). I am very interested. Actually, I have installed it on one
of our machines in isolated network. We used tools such as Nessus, ISS,
Webtrends, Netrecon when conducting vulnerabilty assessments. Anyways,
installation went smooth. I also found 3 part document at securityfocus.com.
I actually have a non-patched windows 2000 w/c is also running IIS. I tried
the tool but I don't know if the exploit works. It always show on the last
line after I execute the command exploit, Exiting Bind Handler. I am very
sure that there are no other ports listening on the number I selected.
Assuming the exploit was successful, what will I see? What other exploit can
I use to test Windows 2000?

Thanks.

Neil