Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: usefulness of this tool

From: jerome.athias at caramail.com (jerome.athias at caramail.com)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:53:09 GMT

Hi,

please take a look on the exploitTutorial.txt (in the sdk dir) and maybe also to the SecurityFocus articles.

De: "Neil" <neil-on-metasploit at restricted.dyndns.org>
A: framework at metasploit.com
Objet: [framework] Re: usefulness of this tool
Date: 17/09/2004

Great! I will.

Also, I don't want to become like a script kiddie. I have read some people's
post in this mailing list that talks about reading registers, stacks. I
also
want to be like them. I know this requires knowledge in assembly. But I
would like to know how you guys find what area in the stack to put the
exploit? Is gdb the tool for this? And I had been asking myself how one
is
able to create an exploit. Do you have to know how the target application
works? Just some generals questions. :)

Awesome tool by the way. Keep it up HD. ;)