Metasploit mailing list archives

problem using Framework 2.2

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 03:44:34 -0500

Someone else reported this problem as well; something is preventing the
software from creating sockets. This is usually the sign of a restrictive
local firewall configuration (zonealarm, etc), but you both stated that
no firewall was running. We have tested 2.2 on Windows XP (SP0, SP1, SP2)
and have not been able to reproduce this problem; I will try it again
with internet connection sharing enabled. If you temporary disable ICS,
does the problem go away?

-HD