Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Odd identd behavior

From: "Alex" <aferreira () gaiajoy com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:42:52 -0000

Back here in Portugal it is also illegal.
The Portuguese computer crimes law, considers hacking attemps, either
successful or not, a crime.
Portscanning on someone else is considered a hacking attempt, therefore,
portscanning is a crime.

I know at least a case where a corporate client was even notified by his
ISP, that portscanning probes were executed against his servers. It turned
out that another party on another ISP, was simply auditing the servers at
the client's request.

Alex