Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Odd identd behavior

From: Disco Jonny <discojonny () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:10:33 +0000

Well, common sense would agree with you.  but in the UK it is all about intent.

case law would also seem to suggest that it is not the intent of the
attack that is involved, it would seem to be more the intent that the
vitim percives... (not knowing much about law i do not know how this
scans across to other sections of the law.)

An example is: -

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/internet/security/0,39020375,39226548,00.htm

I dont know how this relates across international borders or in other countries.

i dunno though, just my 2p

Cheers

S.