Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Strange set of TCP ports

From: Scott Weeks <surfer () mauigateway com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:57:45 -1000 (HST)

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 mgotts () 2roads com wrote:

: > Run openports.exe from DiamondCS on the suspect boxen.
: >  If you don't have physical access, but do have admin
: > access, use psexec.exe from SysInternals, as well.
:
: psexec.exe from SysInternals is a remote program execution utility. I use
: it now and then, and am not aware of any capability to have it list ports
: in use and what programs are using them.
:
: SysInternals probably does have such a utility, but I'm not sure what it
: is off the top of my head.

Active Ports from: http://www.ntutility.com/freeware.html

scott