Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Honeynet installation

From: Yannis Corovesis <ycor () epmhs gr>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 00:31:25 +0200

Do not forget that eth0 and eth1 are working at layer 2 (ethernet) not at layer 3 (IP) they get traffic by bridging not routing. The honeywall is a stealth device. The honeypot lan is a proper IP space entity served by a router connected to public Internet.
It gets its traffic via routing.

hope it helps.

yannis

wiz561 () hotmail com wrote:

My question is how do you get started with honeynets? How do you setup the networking? Can you use just one machine running honeynet and have three physical NIC's in the machine? Does eth0 connect to the internet and have a routable address? What does eth1 connect to? I figured out eth2 is the admin interface.