Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Missing file on honeynet.org (datademo.tgz)

From: Lance Spitzner <lance () honeynet org>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 16:37:36 -0600

Assuming you mean add 'www' as a hostname, it unfortunately makes no difference, please see the below.

source:/tmp# file ./data-demo.tgz
./data-demo.tgz: HTML document text

Dooh! Good catch. Yup, that file be hoised, most likely happened when we did a transition of servers a while ago. Unfortunately, unless you can dig that file up somewhere else its most likely lost for good. However, the example data in that file was extremely old and out of date. If you are looking for attack data, you are more likely better off with our Scan of the Month challenges.

  http://www.honeynet.org/scans/

Thanks!

lance