Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Honeynet installation

From: "Patrick McCarty" <pmccarty () apu edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 10:28:05 -0800

I think your confusion lies in that a honeynet is not a particular
setup, nor software product, rather it is a discription of collective
functionality which can be achieved a variety of ways.

You could achieve this virtually on one system, or physically with
multiple systems. Alternatively, you could configure a hybrid
configuration with some physical and some virtual.

Roo is an implementation of both Data Capture, and Data Control as a
gateway that sits between the internet and your honeypots.

-- patrick