funsec mailing list archives

Re: Petraeus

From: lists <lists () oitc com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 18:50:49 -0500

Has everyone forgotten Eisenhower and his relatively public affair?

What worries me is that everyone is so focused of the salacious nature of this but there are much more important items:

1) How is it that you can receive, in your eyes, "harassing" email; hand it to a friend in the FBI and have the FBI
investigate it and even get court orders to access the "senders" accounts?  My understanding is that the FBI doesn't
investigate harassing emails because they are to thin. They are more focused on cyberterrorism, child porn, and to a
minor (unfortunately) degree financial theft.  One might be concerned that it is so easy to start such an investigation.

2) The paramour has classified documents on her home computer (not from the general per FBI). This is a criminal
violation.  Why isn't she arrested?