funsec mailing list archives

Re: no poison for Joplin

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 02:38:43 +0300

On 5/31/11 7:18 PM, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
On Tue, 31 May 2011 18:10:40 +0300, Gadi Evron said:
I can see your point if we discuss it philosophically, however, these
things have clinical definitions. A spammer may be a regular human being
such as you or I, with very similar psychology.

Highly unlikely.  Doing things (like spamming) just because you want to even
when society disapproves is pretty much the *definition* of sociopath. Sure,
there may be spammers who really hate themselves and are only doing it because
they have to pay for their child's kidney transplant, but I think it's safe to
exclude both of them from the analysis. The rest of them are sociopaths
who like the money and don't care what society thinks.

Sorry Valdis, but while it may be a reasonable definition, a Sociopath
is a complex term which could mean some extreme personality disorders
(hate that terms) or even Psychopathy. This does not compare.

So, "likelihood" has nothing to do with it.

        Gadi.

--
Gadi Evron,
ge () linuxbox org.