funsec mailing list archives

Re: 95% of User Generated Content is spam or malicious

From: der Mouse <mouse () rodents-montreal org>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 14:28:24 -0500 (EST)

It's simply not efficient or cost-effective any more (at least for
the operations I'm involved with) to grant mail privileges to
everyone on the planet by default.  Nor is it desirable to do so and
then attempt to winnow wheat from chaff, as this is more difficult
and more expensive and more error-prone all the time.

Actually, I believe it is extremely desirable; it's just even more
extremely expensive.

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mouse () rodents-montreal org