funsec mailing list archives

Re: 95% of User Generated Content is spam or malicious

From: Dan Kaminsky <dan () doxpara com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 07:34:56 -0500

       "An entire industry has grown up around the flawed assumption
       that it is feasible to seperate the wheat from the chaff in
       our mail flows by inspecting every grain (message).  There are
       two groups which benefit from the acceptance of this myth: the
       vendors who sell A/S and A/V products, and the bad guys who have
       already figured out how to get around every one of these products."

*shrugs*

All I know is that I have a couple of email accounts that get
negligible amounts of spam.  Oh, they're *sent* huge amounts, but they
receive almost none.