funsec mailing list archives

Re: 95% of User Generated Content is spam or malicious

From: Joel Esler <joel.esler () me com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:03:56 -0500

95% of this thread is nonsense.

----

100% of the statistics in my email are made up.

--
Joel Esler
joel.esler () me com

On Tuesday, February 23, 2010, at 02:48PM, "Hubbard, Dan" <dhubbard () websense com> wrote:
All;

I am guilty of being way late to this party, however...

Whoever started this thread where did you get the 95% stat from? This may be completely off and/or irrelevant but I am
*guessing* that the stat 95% of User Generated Content (UGC) is coming from us. This actually is *not* email SPAM.
This is comment-spam in the form of web-posts into blogs, forums,etc..

Just wondering if the leap was made from UGC to email SPAM somehow.