funsec mailing list archives

Re: 95% of User Generated Content is spam or malicious

From: Dan Kaminsky <dan () doxpara com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 13:16:17 -0500

Is it in $VENDOR's interest to stop spammers?  Absolutely not.  If effective
and coordinated action was taken to stop (let's say) the top 100 spammers,
then spam levels would plunge dramatically and there would be much less
demand for $VENDOR's products.  (I picked 100, because according to
Spamhaus, 100 known operations account for 80% of spam.)

What would you suggest a vendor do against a spammer?

Sue?
Bribe?
Assault?

I will admit that Xe Antispam Solutions has quite the ring to it.