funsec mailing list archives

Re: FBI: More Guns == Less Crime

From: "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 09:32:50 -0800

The argument was more guns less CRIME, not more guns less crime with
guns.

The tradeoff is more crimes with guns for a lot less overall crime. I
think that is a lot preferable to what goes on in the UK and Ireland.

BTW: Aside from issues related to the troubles, which have now mostly
faded into insignificance, NI has always had lower crime than the rest
of the UK, or the Republic since 1972. Kind of makes the point of the
OP: More guns, less crime. Your post made my point.