funsec mailing list archives

Re: FBI: More Guns == Less Crime

From: "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 01:19:27 -0800

Northern Ireland is an example of: where you don't know who is armed or
not, you generally don't get involved in violence, unless it's really
worth your while.

It's also an example of how highly increased, highly visible, heavily
armed, police and frequent checkpoints decrease crime.

Last, but by no means least, it's an example of how strong religious
beliefs reduce overall criminality.

It's not as simple as "More guns, less crime", but it is interesting
that the most heavily armed (and not just with handguns) part of the UK
is also the one with the lowest crime rate.