funsec mailing list archives

Re: Hello. I live in Salem, and I believe in witches.

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 14:47:29 -0800

Date sent:              Thu, 10 Sep 2009 14:20:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:                   chris () blask org

This is one of the beefs I have with the Canadian system - you can't buy more
under any circumstances (adamantly Single Tier).

Sure you can.  You want cosmetic surgery to enlarge certain body parts because
you want to be an entertainer?  Plenty of clinics to serve you.  For a fee.

Anything medically necessary has to be provided for you.

The idea, as I understand it,
is that wealth is Evil and if anyone has more of something than anyone else then
Baby Jesus cries.

This is true.

Aside from that (and a few other things) they have a good
system with a complete lack of Death Panels, at least evidenced by the fact that
last time I lived there my 94-year-old neighbor (or neighbour) was offered knee
replacements.

We definitely *do* have Death Panels: we take a backseat to nobody in that
regard!  (Only problem is that compliance with the orders of a Death Panel is
completely voluntary.)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Shadwell hated all Southeners and, by inference, was standing at
the North Pole.        - `Good Omens,' Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm
http://blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html http://twitter.com/rslade
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/NoticeBored