funsec mailing list archives

Re: Rage against spammers and telemarketers

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 06:53:03 -0400

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 02:59:52PM +1200, Nick FitzGerald wrote:
Which is why more than 50% of the adults in the country you have chosen
to make your home significantly believe in a heavenly deity and a
significant chunk of them still do not believe the Earth goes round the
Sun.

It's why far too many of them do not believe in signiicant climate
change, let alone their own contribution to it, they burn a grossly
disproportionate "share" of the planet's fossil fuels, and so on.

Unfortunately, you're correct: there are many primitives here who still
rely on obsolete nonsense like "faith" instead of facts.  They worship their
laughably pathetic gods, they do not grasp concepts like climate change
or evolution or anything beyond their short-term, myopic focus on "me,
me, me", their insatiable greed, and their boundless paranoia. [1]  They
are racists, misogynists, and bigots -- and not coincidentally, cowards.

And some of them are full-blown batshit crazy, e.g., Arizona state
Senator and  mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, self-soiling, drooling
moron Sylvia Allen:

        "This Earth's been hear 6,000 years -- and I know I'm going on
        and on and I'll shut up -- it's been here 6,000 years, long
        before anybody had environmental laws, and somehow it hasn't
        been done away with."

(I thought about quoting something equally loopy from the deranged
Michele Bachmann, but there were simply too many choices.)

---Rsk

[1] I trust you're aware of the "birthers", a self-selecting movement
of the very stupidest among of us.