funsec mailing list archives

Re: Rage against spammers and telemarketers

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 13:48:11 -0800

Date sent:              Thu, 23 Jul 2009 18:18:11 +0800
From:                   Dan Kaminsky <dan () doxpara com>

I think reasonable people can agree we shouldn't be the generation
that ended fish, even if they are tasty.

You eat reasonable people?

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
This e-mail is confidential and privileged. That's right,
confidential.  Even though I sent it to a mailing list, it's
still confidential.  Not only is *it* privileged, but so are you,
you lucky user, since you've gotten a message from *me*!  If you
are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies.  On
second thought, why are we apologizing?  You've accepted the
message.  If you aren't the intended recipient, what are you,
some kind of spy?!?  Please do not disclose, copy or distribute
information in this e-mail.  [Sigh.]  You've already copied it,
haven't you?  You downloaded it from the server, so you copied it
onto your machine.  Then your mailer made another copy in memory,
just to display it to you. Don't do it anymore, alright?  Don't
take any action in reliance of on its contents: to do so is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. It's also ungrammatical:
if anyone ever figures out what that previous sentence meant,
please let us know.  Please inform us that this message has gone
astray before deleting it. What can you do?  You try to bring
email up right, and the next thing you know they're hanging out
on IRC and trying out NetBEUI.  Thank you for your co-operation.
Actually we just added that last bit to pad out the message and
keep you reading for the few more seconds it will take our crack
anti-cracker team (get it?  Never mind.) to get to your location
and terminate your machine with extreme prejudice.  You have been
warned.
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm
http://blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html http://twitter.com/rslade
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/