funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Privacy is dead; Just ask the president

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 14:12:22 -0500

On 7/21/07, Shyaam <shyaam () gmail com> wrote:

Instead of conquering other nations and gaining more money in war,

I agree with virtually everything you said, except this statement. Its
been shown that we have spent more money running up to and invading
Iraq than we could have ever hoped to get out of the oil Iraq
possesses. It wasn't a war for oil.

I personally can't say what it was a war for - and not being the
President or one of his close advisers/confidants, I'll probably never
know (nor will anyone else who will most assuredly chime in here) and
won't argue for or against anyone's uninformed opinions. However, I
don't mind it because I believe that if we pull it off (which becomes
more and more unlikely given people's attitudes - not because of
anything actually happening on the ground there) the ends way outweigh
the means.