funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: wow - is a "shadow" politician still a politician?

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:55:12 -0500

On 8/29/07, rms () computerbytesman com <rms () computerbytesman com> wrote:
What a horrible idea.  If someone owns a gun, then it should be stored in
a secure manner.  Some kid might pick up the gun, start playing with it,
and blow away a friend, sibling, neighbor, etc.

A case like this happened a couple of miles from my house in June.  An
8-year kid was killed by his 7-year old cousin who was horsing around with
an unsecured and loaded handgun which belonged to the brother of the
victim.

Richard

In that case the parents should be prosecuted for manslaughter. My
kids have been raised with guns and taught how to use them and NOT use
them. Kids get into trouble with guns when parents refuse to allow
them to play a part in their use - making them a taboo, a mystery.

My guns are secured by the knowledge I have given to my kids. Other
than that, they're in the most secure place on earth, my hip.

A book I highly recommend if you're interested in actually learning a
little something rather than reacting:
http://www.amazon.com/Gun-Proof-Children-Massad-Ayoobs-Handgun/dp/0936279052/ref=sr_1_9/102-5292184-8828965?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1188402328&sr=1-9

This one is actually two books - you'll learn a lot from both.